16 Oct Technical Writer
Position Summary: Arrowpoint Corporation, a growing Federal contractor, seeks a Technical Writer in support of the Army National Guard. Business casual work environment with exposure to cutting-edge technologies.
Scope: Works as a member of a team. No budgetary responsibilities.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Prepare required technical documentation, and provide expertise for any documentation tasks.
- Provide documentation support for, but not limited to technical management plans, status reports, meeting minutes, test plans, test scenarios, IA documents, Certificates of Networthiness (CON), Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA), System Interface Agreements (SIA) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), SSPs, and other documents
- Provide graphics, briefing/presentation support on an “As needed” basis to Senior Leaders.
- Ensure all documents are properly checked into SharePoint with the proper meta-data and tags allowing easy retrieval of required documents and information.
- Implement permission settings to ensure documents cannot be modified without going through the proper workflow and approvals,
- Assists with project plans and assign tasks as required and report the progress of each project to the client
- Research and compile technical data for use in various operation and maintenance manuals, training materials, installation guides, and other technical documentations.
- Obtain data from review of documentations, drawings, reports, interviews with technical staff members, and the study of published material.
- Edit and review technical documents for format, style, and language correctness.
- Organize, analyze, and prepare reports or presentations of technical data and information.
- Participate in special projects as required
- Collect and clarifying technical information
- Interview Technical IT Developers, Engineers and Business Systems Users (end users) and collect that information into a clear and precise document
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- BS degree, or equivalent applicable work experience, plus 2-3 years work experience in this field.
- Excellent working knowledge of PCs, working IT knowledge of Networks
- Experienced with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access), MS Project and MS Visio
- Strong organizational ability
- Good analytical and collaborative skills
- Must be flexible
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team and alone
- US Citizenship is required.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Usual office working conditions.
- Required to sit for long periods of time using a personal computer.
- Some light physical effort required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position
Work Location: Tysons Corner, VA
Travel: No travel is expected