17 Jul Technical Proposal Writer
Position Summary: The Technical Proposal Writer will be charged with preparing proposals and supporting proposal documentation. The candidate will work as part of a team, which will include the Proposal Manager, business development, SMEs, and executive staff members.
Scope: The scope is the Corporate wide. No budgetary or supervisory responsibility.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Collaborate with team members to write, edit and produce written technical proposal materials, white papers, RFPs, RFIs, invitations for bid, competition modifications, and expanded scope of work documents, as well as relevant supporting materials.
- Produce documentation in accordance with DoD procurement processes.
- Write compelling proposals, executive summaries, technical narratives, responses to technical requirements and management plans.
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style and content.
- Perform editing, formatting, compliance checks, final proposal assembly, and delivery.
- Monitor final submission of proposal and maintain historical data of proposal results.
- Improve upon proposal development process based on lessons learned, corporate goals, and business development objectives.
- Work may be completed remotely, dependent upon certain proposal milestones which would require time in the office.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS degree, and 5 or more years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including SharePoint. Experience with graphics programs a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work under strict time-frame constraints.
- Proven ability to conceptualize and write compelling technical proposal narratives.
- Solid understanding of CMMI, ISO, ITIL, IA, and other industry standards.
- Must be well organized with excellent attention to detail, good judgement, ability to work under the pressure of deadlines, and ability to handle more than one assignment concurrently
- Previous work experience in Government contracts and information technology preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both written and oral, with all levels of personnel.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Usual office working conditions.
- Required to sit for long periods of time.
- Some light physical effort required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Work Location: Tysons Corner, Virginia.
Travel: Some travel (less than 10%) may be required.