19 Mar Systems Administrator – Senior level
Position Summary: The Sr. Systems Administrator will work in support of the United States Army. The successful candidate will support the program’s production server environment that supports a large web-based user environment. Server skills needed are knowledge of VMware and active directory (AD), AD roles, GPO’s, DNS, etc. An understanding of how a server supports/implements IIS, MS SQL, and other Microsoft server stack technologies is a plus. Works in direct support of the project’s development environment. This position also supports maintenance of server system accounts, DNS, DHCP, WINS, connectivity to the internet, and VPN to remote sites. Business casual work environment with exposure to cutting-edge technologies.
Scope: Works as a member of a team. No budgetary responsibilities.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Supervises, manages, and participates in the daily activities of configuration and operation of Windows-based business systems.
- Plans and monitors the optimizing of system operation and resource utilization and performs systems capacity analysis and planning.
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly maintenance backups and restorative exercises of servers.
- Manage, build and deploy Windows servers 2016/2012 R2/2008.
- Manage Microsoft Exchange O365, Group Policy, Active Directory and reviewing associated server logs.
- Implements/runs/mitigates STIG or other vulerability reports to ensure DoD compliance standards are met.
- Support Cloud Services/AWS/Azure and Data Center.
- Plans and monitors assistance to clients and end users in accessing and using business systems.
- Has expertise with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of enterprise server tasks.
- May lead and direct the work of others.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude required.
- Typically reports to an operations lead or deputy project manager.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA in area of specialty and at least 5-8 years of experience in the field or in a related area. A combination of 4 additional years of education, technical training and equivalent experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree.
- Security+ required.
- Scripting experience / powershell experience.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent communication, organizational, interpersonal, and customer service skills required.
- US Citizenship is required and must be able to pass a background investigation in order to gain access to the client site and computer systems.
Additional Skills (desirable, but not required):
- MCSE or MCSA certification.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Usual office working conditions.
- Required to sit for long periods of time using a personal computer.
- Some moderate physical effort required. Ability to lift PCs, printers, and other hardware.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position
Work Location: Arrowpoint Site, Tysons Corner, VA.
Travel: Travel in local area may be required.