17 May Proposal Manager
Position Summary: Responsible for all activities in proposal writing and development, starting with business development activities, initial bid/no-bid evaluation, and through proposal submittal. Manages proposal teams, including teaming partners, consultants and subcontractors.
Scope: The scope is the Corporate wide. No budgetary or supervisory responsibility.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Primarily responsible for managing corporate bid and proposal activities.
- Writes, edits, and proofreads proposals, white papers, RFPs, RFIs, invitations for bid, competition modifications, and expanded scope of work documents, as well as relevant supporting materials.
- Conceptualization and development of strategic win themes and discriminators.
- Thoroughly review Requests for Proposals to develop Proposal Plans and Outlines.
- Communicates with and presents proposal team results to senior management.
- Interfaces with teaming partners and coordinates corporate-wide resources to support proposal efforts.
- Gathers and maintains data on Arrowpoint programs, projects and capabilities.
- Coordinates preparation, assembly, and delivery of proposal documents.
- Tracks status of proposals and follows up to provide additional information as required.
- Assists in identifying potential new work and strategic planning for business development.
- Conducts kickoff meetings, standups, and reviews.
- May perform other duties as required or assigned.
- BS in related area and 5 or more years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including SharePoint. Experience with graphics programs a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work under strict time-frame constraints.
- Proven ability to conceptualize and write compelling, marketing-oriented proposal narratives.
- Solid understanding of CMMI, ISO, ITIL, IA, and other industry standards.
- Must be well organized with excellent attention to detail, exercise good judgement, work under the pressure of deadlines, and able to handle more than one assignment concurrently
- Previous work experience in Government contracts and information technology preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both written and oral, with all levels of personnel.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Usual office working conditions.
- Required to sit for long periods of time.
- Some light physical effort required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Work Location: Tysons Corner, Virginia.
Travel: Some travel (less than 10%) may be required.