02 Apr Project Manager & SCRUM Master
Position Summary: The Project Manager will work in support of the United States Army on the RCMS project. Oversee results of multi-functional project teams. Business casual work environment with exposure to cutting-edge technologies.
Scope: Works as a member of a team.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Guides the team and organization on how to use Agile practices and values to deliver quality products to our customers.
- Guides the team on how to get the most out of self-organization, and how to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile frameworks.
- Removes impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Builds a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
- Facilitates getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitates discussions, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Assists with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Provides all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible; leads by example.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA in area of specialty and 5-8 years of experience in the field or in a related area. A combination of 4 additional years of education, technical training or equivalent experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree.
- Certified Scrum Master and at least three years in practicing, coaching, and applying Agile principles, practices, and theory.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude required.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach.
- Ability to foster and work within a team environment.
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- US Citizenship is required.
Additional Skills (desirable, but not required):
- Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- ITIL v3 Foundation certification.
- CompTIA Security+ certification.
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team, i.e. Microsoft products.
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Usual office working conditions.
- Required to sit for long periods of time using a personal computer.
- Some light physical effort required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position
Work Location: Arrowpoint, Tysons Corner, VA.
Travel: Travel in local area may be required