03 Oct ETL Engineer – Senior
Position Summary: The ETL Engineer – Senior will work in support of ARNG on RCMS. The Reserve Component Manpower System (RCMS) provides a comprehensive suite of software products that meet all aspects of this need, from data warehousing, to analysis, to end-user software. These products cover many functional and operational areas and support large numbers of concurrent users. Business casual work environment with exposure to cutting-edge technologies.
Scope: Works as a member of a team. No budgetary responsibilities.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Applies experience in business systems analysis and design.
- Uses logical data modeling techniques.
- Uses productivity tools/software. Applies knowledge of data analysis and database management techniques.
- Has knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude required.
- Leads ETL teams.
- Software Server Integration Service Experience
- Prepare project plans and assign tasks as required and report progress of each project to the client.
- Track, monitor and prioritize service request to meet customer deadlines.
- Perform complex PL/SQL performance tuning and troubleshooting techniques to address availability, scalability, and stability and other performance issues
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA in area of specialty, with 10+ years of experience in the field or in a related area, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Security+ required.
- Ability to work with a team environment.
- Experience with SQL Server
- Must be responsible, organized, self-motivated, with high integrity and accountability and ability to work with limited supervision.
- Highly motivated individual with solid leadership and team-building skills, possessing a positive attitude.
- Candidate must be able to provide “after hours” on-call production support as required and maintain on-call rotation schedule.
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- US Citizenship is required and must be able to pass a background investigation in order to gain access to the client site and computer systems.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Usual office working conditions.
- Required to sit for long periods of time using a personal computer.
- Some light physical effort required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position
Work Location: Tysons Corner, VA.
Travel: Limited local travel to Arlington, VA.