28 Mar Cloud Architect
Position Summary: The Cloud Architect will work in support of multiple United States Army projects. Business casual work environment with exposure to cutting-edge technologies.
Scope: Works as a member of a team. No budgetary responsibilities.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Develop expert knowledge of Arrowpoint’s business and problem/solution domain
- Deliver cloud platform architecture documents detailing the vision for how Azure infrastructure and platform services support the overall application architecture; socialize and review with software, database, and testing engineers for acceptance.
- Create solutions that support a DevOps approach for delivery and operations of services
- Be a go to person for Cloud Architecture for Audit and Assurance. You should have a deep understanding of IaaS and PaaS services offered on cloud platforms and understand how to use them together to build complex solutions.
- Ensure that all cloud solutions follow security and compliance controls, including data sovereignty.
- Plan, organize, and control multiple responsibilities to achieve project objectives; technically guide projects through to completion. Ensure deliverables are completed within target time frames and are consistently of high-quality.
- Interact with and advise business representatives of the application regarding functional and non-functional requirements
- Assist with the creation and managing cloud project schedules.
- Create proof-of-concepts to demonstrate viability of solutions under consideration
- Develop enterprise level conceptual solutions and sponsor consensus/approval for global applications.
- Works under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude required.
- Typically reports to a supervisor.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years experience engineering Windows Active Directory
- 3+ years experience in consulting
- Ability to work with a team environment.
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- US Citizenship is required and must be able to pass a background investigation in order to gain access to the client site and computer systems.
Additional Skills (desirable, but not required):
- 3+ years of engineering experience with Microsoft Azure
- MCSE or MCSA certification
- Experience working on large project(s) incorporating processes and procedures and standards
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Usual office working conditions.
- Required to sit for long periods of time using a personal computer.
- Some light physical effort required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position
Work Location: Arrowpoint Corp Site, Tysons Corner, VA