Arrowpoint Corporation, a growing Federal contractor seeks a Data Management Specialist Team Lead - Senior to provide responsive information technology services to meet current and emerging requirements in support of the United States Army Civilian Information Services Division (CISD). This is a business casual work environment with exposure to cutting-edge technologies.
Essential Functions of the Position:
* Provide technical leadership by leading the design and implementation of new data marts for the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW).
* Manage all development activities, track performance metrics, lead code reviews and set high standards of code quality and execution for all team members to follow.
* Coordinate with other leads and architects to create the best design for ETL processing.
* Track, monitor and prioritize service request to meet customer deadlines.
* Lead development of new data marts.
* Prepare project plans and assign tasks as required and report progress of each project to the client.
* Work closely with Data Modeling and DBA Teams to design logical and physical Data Models as required.
* Create technical detail design artifacts to meet functional specifications and requirements.
* Perform multi-dimensional modeling using STAR schema and Snowflake schemas, bridge tables, and views, and materialized views.
* Coordinate with project leads, DBA Team, and Information Assurance (IA) to ensure EDW does not contain security vulnerabilities.
* Design and develop EDW architecture for staging, transformation and loading areas.
* Define requirements, design ERDs, and conduct peer reviews with both team and customers.
* Work with user community to transform requirements into system flows, data flows, data mappings, etc., and develop solutions to complex business problems.
* Automate existing manual ETL processes by converting them to data-driven PL/SQL and adding robust error handling.
* Perform complex PL/SQL performance tuning and troubleshooting techniques to address availability, scalability, and stability and other performance issues within the EDW.
* Develop automated processes to perform quality checks on dimensions and facts within data warehouse to ensure data integrity.
* Maintain multiple existing Oracle DBMS nightly/weekly/monthly DBMS_SCHEDULER jobs and UNIX shell scripts that feed data to enterprise applications and work closely with DBAs to convert DBMS_JOBS and shell scripts to DBMS_SCHEDULER.
* Support routine data quality calls, requirements, and service requests from customers.
* Provide guidance and mentorship to junior and mid-level developers on team and mentor them in EDW design and development
* Provide "after hours" on-call production support as required and maintain on-call rotation schedule.
* May perform other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant work experience with minimum of 3 years in team leadership.
* Highly motivated individual with solid leadership and team-building skills, possessing a positive attitude.
* Must be responsible, organized, self-motivated, with high integrity and accountability and ability to work with limited supervision.
* Demonstrated proven ability to manage priorities and timelines to meet deadlines.
* Excellent communication, documentation and analytical skills.
* Ability to share technical knowledge and clearly communicate technical concepts to non-technical customers.
* Expert in Oracle 10g/11g SQL and PL/SQL stored procedures, triggers, functions, and packages.
* Knowledge of data warehousing methodologies such as Kimball and Inmon
* Strong experience with Tuning of PL/SQL code using tools such as Explain Plan, Index, and Hints
* Familiar with Enterprise Data Modeling.
* Strong experience in using Oracle utilities and UNIX shell scripts.
* Experience working in Linux Operations and Windows Development environments.
* Excellent analytical and communication skills with the ability to communicate (oral, written, and active listening) to all levels of the business.
* Strong MS Excel Skills.
* US Citizenship is required and must be able to pass a background investigation in order to gain access to the client site and computer systems.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
* Usual office working conditions.
* Required to sit for long periods of time using a personal computer.
* Some light physical effort required.
* Must be available to provide "after hours" on-call production support as required
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position
Work Location: Client Site, Fort Belvoir VA
Travel: No travel is expected.